The CMES MA program requires 24 service hours (4 hours/quarter) over the course of the degree. Service hours include all activities supporting the CMES community and academic field outside of ordinary degree requirements. Examples of service hours include but are not limited to:
- Attending Middle East Studies Students Association (MESSA) meetings and events
- Writing news articles and event reviews for the CMES website
- Volunteering at annual MEHAT Conference
- Participating in outreach programs to K-12 schools and community colleges
- Presenting research at academic conferences
- Assisting at CMES events
If you have any question about qualifying activities for the service hour requirement, please contact CMES staff.