The Kurdish language, in its myriad dialects, has spread across the Middle East, the Caucasus, and Central Asia. CMES supports the study of Kurdish through our weekly Kurdish Circle (hosted by the University of Chicago Kurdish Cultural Association) and other activities. Here, you can find online resources to guide your study of the Kurdish language.
- Learn Kurmanji (website). Focuses on the Kurmanji dialect of Kurdish.
- Kurdish Lessons (website). Features video lessons, written grammar guides, and one-on-one tutoring.
- Michael L. Chyet, Kurdish-English Dictionary, (Yale University Press, 2003)
University of Chicago Kurdish Circle Resources
- Xwarinên Dayika Min ("My Mother's Kurdish Food Recipes"): Ms. Gulhat, from the YouTube Channel Xwarinên Dayika Min, speaks about how she started her channel, the role of Kurdish food in her life and its importance in Middle Eastern culture more generally.
- @Kurdishsources: Primary sources about Kurdish language and history
- Bibliotheque Numerique Kurde (Institut Kurde Paris). Online repository of Kurdish texts
*This page will continue to be updated - please email any suggestions to CMES Outreach Coordinator Krishna S. Kulkarni at email@example.com